Memory Care & Dementia Care in Parker
Alzheimer’s disease not only robs an individual of a sense of self; it also prematurely robs families of their quality time together. Families who are struggling to care for their loved one often find that they can no longer cope with the everyday stress associated with this challenge. They are searching for someone who will take the time to listen and respond to their unique needs and offer an environment that provides security and support.
Spectrum Retirement’s The Path to the PresentSM program is for those residents with moderate- to late-stage dementia. This program offers a unique and highly effective approach to dementia care, and seeks to understand and align the paths of the individual, family, and the caregivers.
With a strong emphasis on the individual, we create an environment that caters to one’s personality, core values, and personal preferences. By knowing each Memory Care resident on a personal level, we foster a high level of trust that directly promotes physical and emotional comfort. We constantly celebrate each individual’s past while recognizing his or her current potential.
The Path to the PresentSM Life Enrichment Program
Our programs are based on the life history, interests and needs of each resident. Our training program, developed by Mather LifeWays®, is designed to:
- Stimulate each person to his/her highest level of participation.
- Encourage success and fun in everything each person does.
- Learn from each individual & honor him/her as each sees him/herself.
- Foster positive relationships.
- A home-like atmosphere, complete with personal mementos, and an emphasis on “wayfinding”
- A meal program that considers the special dietary needs of people with dementia
- A high staffing model of care: 1:8 ratio to assist residents with dressing, bathing, grooming, toileting, medication assistance, and oversight
- A specialized activity program
- B3 – Brain Boosting Benefits smoothie program